RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks for Coming!

It's the time of year to give thanks and I'll jump on the bandwagon to give thanks for a few things. It's fun to look back at last year's Thanksgiving post to see what I was up to and where I've degenerated to (mainly so I don't repeat myself)

- #1 on the list is always set aside for the Space Gal and the joy she brings me each and every day. How anyone could put up with my nonsense day in and day out is beyond me. Not to mention the wonderful gift of the Space Kid that she gave me this year. You're the best.
- The Toga Resident came through with the EquiSpace suite once again during my summering in Saratoga and makes for the best host and takes care of me every year. It is much appreciated.
- Being a member of the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance has been a wonderful experience, meeting great friends and sharing ideas. The opportunities this group has presented me over the past year at the Bloodhorse (latest post over there is up to 58 comments - a record for me!)and the NTRA were tremendous.
- I'm thankful that I was able to cross a few tracks off my list this year and they were both spectacular: Keeneland and Santa Anita. Our Kentucky trip was filled with great memories and meeting new friends. The Space Kid was able to knock off two great tracks (KEE and Churchill) in his first year of life. Experiencing the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita was definitely one of the year's highlights for me.
- I'm thankful I was able to visit Old Friends, and our guide Mercer, gave us a great tour of an outstanding property. We were so fortunate to be on hand to see EscapedFromNewYork (a Paragallo horse) arrive on the scene.
- I'm thankful we still have a pro football team in Buffalo (well, at least one that dresses up like one).
- I'm thankful that Fort Erie Race Track was able to stay open for quick jaunts across the bridge to get a quick fix.
- I'm thankful for $0.50 Pick-3's and Pick-4's.
- I'm thankful that I was able to meet some horsemen over the past year (the Obviously NY Stable guys and Bona Venture Stables) that have supported me and this blog.
- I'm thankful for having the opportunity to partially own a horse with Frank at That's Amore Stables, who did more than you could ever ask for as the managing partner. While it didn't end well for Higher Authority, Frank was professional and did what was best for our filly all the way through.
- I'm thankful I was able to attend my fourth consecutive Belmont Stakes (courtesy of NYRA's Media folks - thanks!) to see my favorite horse Summer Bird take the cake.
- Finally, I'm very thankful for everyone who stops by to check out this site and leave a comment every once and a while. I hope you enjoy your stay while you're here...so thanks for coming.
- I'm thankful for having a sense of humor.....even during hard times.
So off to the 'Cuse for the holiday weekend with the extended family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 Comment:

The Turk said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Space Clan.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online