RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Landed in Louisville

That's Royal Bonnie, a 2-year old filly owned by Bona Ventures Stables, in the winner's circle after breaking her maiden at Saratoga in September. She is the feature horse in today's column in Thursday's Buffalo News. Followers of this blog may remember the Space Chat I held with managing partner Dan Collins several years ago, regarding the partnership that is made up mainly of Bonaventure grads.

Buffalo is flush with St. Bonaventure alums, so the story should generate some local buzz, as she tackles the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf in her third career race. In addition to the local connections, my brother is a SBU grad and Bonnie, ironically is my Mother's name. I would think a hunch play on the 30-1 long shot is in order.

I arrived in Louisville today and have plenty to do for The News over the next few days. My weekly Friday blog in the Sports, Ink section will look at the last four BC races on Friday. On Saturday, I will have a print advance on the Classic and a commentary on Sunday (for the local Buffalonians who follow me). Saturday around 1:00 p.m. I will be live blogging Saturday's BC races at the Sports, Ink section, which I have been fortunate to have done during each of the Triple Crown races this year.

I look forward to seeing many of my blogging compadres this weekend and meeting some folks I've communicated with through social media for the first time. It should be a fun weekend, one I've been looking forward to for some time. This will be my third BC, I attended Monmouth (2007) and Santa Anita (2009), this one could be very special.

On the handicapping front, I was asked to join the Wireplayers capping squad who have a challenge match against the Hello Race Fans team (many of whom I am tight with). I've already teased the talented Val Grash from the Foolish Pleasure and Fillies First blogs with a little smack talk that they'll be going down faster than a prom dress this weekend! Game on!

Oh yeah, there happens to be a little football game this weekend at the Ralph where the Bills take on the confident (hopefully overconfident) NY Jets. Maybe the Alans (Left at the Gate & The Bug Boys) from New Yawk will want to make friendly wager? I will hopefully will be touching down from Buffalo an hour before kickoff, to catch the game. I donated my tix to a charity auction benefitting Allen Wilson, the Bills beat guy for The News who is fighting leukemia, so I'll be watching from the Space Station back home (God willing).

I will be posting when time permits over the weekend and will hopefully have some pics ready to post after the weekend. Good luck with your BC wagering and safe travels to all making the trek to the 'Ville this weekend.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online