Friday, September 23, 2011
- The new NTRA social media chief seems to be making an impact. The tweets coming out @NTRA and the revamping of the NTRA Notebook are well, noteworthy. Check it out for yourself here.
- Is Super Saturday here yet?
- The Breeders' Cup wagering menu was released today and a new 50-cent Pick 5 was introduced on the first five races on both days. The 50-cent minimun will also be in place for trifectas, P-3's, P-4's and the new Pick 5 play. A Ladies' Classic-Classic double will also be offered. Rolling Pick-3's throughout the card will continue to be the bet I most likely will be zoned in on.
- My next track invasion looks to be International Day up at Woodbine, really looking forward to a great day of turf racing up in Rexdale.
- Speaking of Canada, conditioner Mike dePaulo will be attempting to strike in the Grade 2 $1M Pennsylvania Derby with Pender Harbour, winner of the final two legs of the Canadian Triple Crown. Luis Contreras, who has been killing it at WO, will get the nod again on the 3-year old champ. His ML odds are 12-1, and I wouldn't count him out too quickly.
- Congrats to my fellow Buffalonian, The Turk and Little Turk, on his 3-year blog anniversary. The dude can flat out handicap and if spend some time reading his mantras and philosophies on playin' the ponies, you will come out of it much more knowledgeable then when you went in.
- I love Good n' Plentys, it's my candy of choice, especially when writing.
- Heading to Happy Valley this weekend, with a possible detour to Beaver Stadium for the Eastern Michigan game and my annual thrill of the scalp on College Avenue. The Toga Party champ has given me the green light with the appropriate chaperone.
- Nice to see the Kentucky Cup races return this year and not lose their graded status after not being run last year. Turfway Park will host five Cup races on Saturday, three of which are graded.
- Missing the Pats game this weekend due to the family trip, but will be tuned in on Sunday's ride back...check out this photo from the pre-game last weekend...not too shabby for a photo hack...
- Two weeks to Keeneland and the first Saturday of racing will be featured on NBC!
- My Friday News post is up at the Sports, Ink blog which discusses the new Fan Council created by the NYS Racing and Wagering Board and where to provide input for fan and horseplayer issues.
Have a great weekend and best of luck at the windows.