RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, September 30, 2011

Catching Up

I've been neglecting the ole' Space blog this week, but there's been a lot going on so let's get to it, as there's lots to cover.

- First off, one item that had me preoccupied this week was setting up a Memorial Fund for Tiznow Reynolds, who passed away prematurely earlier in the week. The Fund was approved by the Board yesterday and a link at the ThoroFan site to make donations was up early this morning. Please consider donating to support the educational future of the 8-year old daughter he left behind.

- I have to give kudos to my fellow Board Members at ThoroFan for their compassion and thoughtfulness in letting me fast track this idea and get it live so quickly. We should have the PayPal option functional by Monday evening, so thanks for your patience.

- Lastly, before I move on to the weekend racing scene, I have to sincerely thank Stacy Berge, Director of Operations of the Thoroughbred Legends Stables, who helped guide me through the process, dealing with the family and sharing with me her vision for this Fund. It's amazing how our racing community comes together in times of sorrow and need.

- Well since last weekend, my Bills and Orange keep winning (*knocks on nearest piece of wood*) and the town here is pretty alive. There's lots of football to be played though, so no need to get overly excited. They are the Bills, you know.

- I've been betting fairly lightly lately, making only one $2 bet (on Hansen) last weekend, securing my free PP's from TwinSpires. I focused most of my efforts on the Equibase Handicapping contest, where for the first time ever I picked winners in the first three contest races. Of course, I dropped quicker than a prom dress the rest of the way and finished in the mid 300s. This week's contest features races from Belmont and Santa Anita, so game on.

- I also test drove Horse Racing Nation's new Derby Wars contest site. More on this to come in a future post. Although I can say that it was a positive experience.

- My Friday News post is up over at the Sports, Ink blog, in case you missed it.

- Is it Catsup or Ketchup? These are things I'd like to know.

- Trying to figure out what to do for Super Saturday tomorrow. I didn't make the trip to Big Sandy due to a wedding tomorrow evening, but some live (or tape delay) blogging could be on tap. Maybe even a nostalgic trip over to the Wehrle OTB for old times sake is in the cards.

- The card seems kinda chalky, but man, those are usually the days where funky stuff happens and a four figure Pick-4 results. I think I'll go deeper in the JCGC than in any other race playing Rodman, Stay Thirsty, Flat Out and Drosselmeyer (horse for course) in the final leg. Although if it's wet I may narrow it down as Stay Thirsty thrived in the slop on Belmont day.

- Speaking of Super Saturday, my advance for the print edition for the News will be in tomorrow's paper. Glad I left Big Drama (who scratched late today) off my selections where I took a capsule look at the late guaranteed $500K Pick 4.

- Very impressive victory by Hansen last weekend at Turfway in the Kentucky Cup Juvenile...a certain horse named Animal Kingdom won at Turfway last year, too.  Hmm.

- Ok, it is time to do some cappin' before we get after it tomorrow afternoon. Best of luck at the windows tomorrow and thanks always, for reading.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online