RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner










"Sometimes you step in the mud and pull out a 20 dollar bill."

"Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut."

"In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is king."

"A man on a date wonders if he'll get lucky. The woman already knows."

"You can't expect to be a lucky dog, if you're always growling."

"Some days even my Family Guy lucky underpants don't even work."

You're probably wondering where I'm going with all these lucky quotes. Well, I received an awesome email on Friday from Travis Stone, co-founder of Horse Racing Nation (HRN), saying that I was the winner in the HRN Kentucky Derby iPad contest! Now I'm not the luckiest of souls out there, you can see from my profile that one of my hobbies is listed as "loser of office pools." So when I learned that my selection of Super Saver by 2 3/4 lengths held up in the contest and that I would soon be the owner of brand spankin' new iPad, needless to say I was pumped. The folks over at HRN, who have featured this blog in their "Best of the Blogs" section more than once, have a really cool site (fan interactive) and if you haven't visited it, you should. I most enjoy the horse wikis which feature race replays, results and pedigree information. I was actually over there on Derby eve searching out some colts when I spotted the contest....

Ok, you can let the comments begin on how I missed the winning margin by 1/4 length (he won by 2 1/2 lengths)....

3 Comments:

Valerie Grash said...

Awesome, Geno! (pssss...can I borrow your iPad?)

The_Knight_Sky said...

Congratulations.

One of my clients is awaiting his own iPad to be shipped to Germany.
Seems like an internationally cool thing these days.

The rest of his order is ready but he won't let it be shipped unless that iPad is on board.

A great promo by Travis and the gang at Horse Racing Nation.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, congrats!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online