RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pods and Ends

As most of you know, I'm a big Top Chef fan and being from Western New York we have some proprietary-type foods here such as the chicken wing, beef on kummelweck, (i would add Genny Cream Ale for comic relief here) etc. There's a restaurant in town I like to frequent that serves a contraption called the "pod" which is simply delicious. If you're ever in the area check it out. PS, if you are a Top Chef fan be sure to check out the podcast in the link above produced by a couple of Twitter buds. Ok, on to racing and the like.

- Prince Dubai (50-1 ML) takes on top NY Breds on Sunday for Bona Venture Stables in the Mohawk Stakes on closing day at Belmont Park. Winner at 27-1 at the Spa in August, he struggled at the break in his next start, but was closing hard and fast in his last start (where we put an asterisk on it) finishing fifth at 50-1. He may be overmatched in here with these, but he may be around to catch a piece with another EquiSpace favorite My Man Lars. The ML favorite is the everpresent Banrock, who could be vulnerable. bOf course, based on the weather, this one may go off the turf altogether. We'll be keeping an eye on this one at the Space Station tomorrow afternoon.

- I was watching HRTV last night (man, I've been waiting a long time to write that) under their new online program I posted about earlier in the week, and saw that Pletcher is pointing two colts, Join in the Dance and Ready's Echo at the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile. Check out my latest Dirt Mile post on the NTRA website.

- Speaking of HRTV, I received a nice email from a Senior Vice President of Distribution and Development who sent me a document to share with everyone on the new promotion they are running. I think he's the SVP who emailed me last year when I posted about the frustrations with DirecTV and the availability of HRTV. It's nice to know people are paying attention. I was not compensated for the Intellivision post, I wrote it on my own (for full disclosure purposes).

- The Syracuse Orange(men) are playing Akron in college football today and I found this amusing post which was generated via a Twitter contest to who could come up with the best (funniest) #beatakron capsules. Comedy gold. I'll be heading crossstate to the Dome next Saturday to see 'em get whupped up on by #5 Cincinnati. Guess they can have their fun this week with Ohio.

- I'm working on a Breeders' Cup post this weekend which should be up Sunday night or Monday morning dealing with a wide range of topics...stay tuned.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online