RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Sunday, December 28, 2008

2009 Wishing Well

I’m not a big resolutions kinda guy, although I write down a couple in my journal every year (along with my weight), so I figured I would jot down a few thoughts to see if I can hit at least 50% on these by next year’s end.

1. NY regulators take a page out of Tampa Bay Downs steward’s rulings and reports to provide the horseplayer and fans more information on inquiries and decisions.

2. A Kentucky horse-related trip in October for my birthday.

3. Spend some quality time at the Lothlorien Therapeutic Riding Center in nearby East Aurora.

4. Buy into a horse partnership.

5. Reevaluate where my investing strengths lie and try not to stray from them (i.e. exactas good; $0.10 superfectas bad).

6. A first time trip to the Big A, during the winter meet.

7. Attend my fourth Belmont Stakes in a row and actually see a triple crown coronation.

8. Fort Erie Race Track is not closed forever. (I was just gettin’ to know ya.)

9. A visit to Woodbine for the Queen’s Plate to meet blog pal, Triple Dead Heat, to continue my quest for a Canadian personal triple crown.

10. A racing commissioner is named and that he/she has some cajones to go with the title.

Honorable Mention: That I don’t have to go through another one of these. Getting old is annoying.


Happy New Year.

4 Comments:

Wind Gatherer said...

Whatever happened to Terence Trent Darby?

The Turk said...

Admirable goals. Good luck in 2009!

Mary Forney's Blog said...

Good luck with those resolutions, and Happy New Year from a fellow TBA blogger! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I think you and "Winston..." should both make that Queen's Plate trip!

If you happen to make the Aqueduct trip, I highly recommend all the thermal wear you can stand. That place is c-c-c-c-c-cold!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online