RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Derby Day 2012

Stephanie's Kitten wins
the Edgewood
Happy Derby Day!

We survived a hot and humid Oaks day at Churchill Downs. The place was surreal when the projected storm was headed our way and it was wild watching the infielders head to shelter and the paddock area clear out.

My recap for The Buffalo News is found here. It's great for racing that Rosie Napravnik became the first female jockey to win the Run for the Lilies. She has a great attitude and is a perfect person to be out front for racing in general.

My Derby advance is up at The Buffalo News and I landed on Daddy Nose Best. I like his breeding and his ability to make a move around the quarter pole. I warmed up this week to Take Charge Indy after looking a little closer from my Degrees of Separation post. Bodemeister could be the most talented in the group and I think he catches a piece, hopefully he doesn't fry on the front end. Gemologist looks great and moved into my top four.

I'll Have Another, dropped out of my top four after the post draw, but I still will use him underneath in the second slot with Union Rags. I'll add Dullahan, Sabercat, Creative Cause and Rousing Sermon in the third spot for my trifecta play. Of course, we'll watch the odds board and see what happens before post time.

We'll be live blogging from the Sports, Ink blog starting around noon, so stop by and see what we have cooking during the day.

It was a busy day outside of Churchill yesterday as NYRA CEO Charles Hayward and General Counsel Patrick Kehoe were both relieved of their duties. See here for Hayward's response to NYRA's actions.

Here are a few photos from Oaks Day:

Bob Baffert in paddock
with Eden's Moon before the Oaks
The Toddster awaits
Broadway's Alibi
And here she is...
Second place finisher Broadway's Alibi
Trainer Gail Cox saddles Canadian filly
Hard Not to Like
Oaks Day Paddock
from the Sixth Floor
One of the Twin Spires
from the Winner's Circle
Good luck to all.  As of 10:45 a.m., the main track has been upgraded to muddy in time for Race 2. Enjoy the Derby and I hope you cash a big ticket today!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online