RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, November 4, 2011

Royal Lady - BC Friday Day in Pictures

After the sun came out today over the Twin Spires, it ended up being a very comfortable day watching the races. Friday was my easy day of the two BC days, so I took advantage of the free time to watch, wager, visit and have a great day at the track.
I was able to snap a few photos, get into the paddock for the Filly & Mare Sprint and watched from different vantage points throughout the day. Wagering wise I hit one trifecta and one exacta, nothing special, but there was no blood-letting either. None of my Pick-3's survived and Musical Romance did me in in the F&M Sprint. Ironically, I was camped out in the paddock right in front of her stall and was standing next to her owners the whole time.

I'm guessing there were around 40,000 people there so it was pretty comfortable to move around the track. I caught up with the Bug Boys, including Papa Bug Boy, Bug Boy Friend and Uncle Bug Boy to watch the Filly & Mare Turf, where my pick Nahrain came in second.

The Wireplayers team has jumped out to a nice lead in our grudge match with the HRF folks, but there's lots of racing to go tomorrow, and they should rebound tomorrow to make it much closer.

Here's a look at my day in pictures (notice no Pletcher photos - waiting for tomorrow):


Royal Bonnie in the paddock
before the Juvenile Fillies Turf

Royal Bonnie post parade

Dayatthespa

Juvenile Fillies Turf
first time by

Bob Baffert (@MidnightLute)

What would a BC be
without Jimmy the Hat?

Turbulent Descent
(he's 0 for Geno when I'm at the track)

Martin Garcia

Musical Romance (5) and Switch (6)

A sharp dressed man
ThoroFan's Michael Amo

Derek Brown (@NJDerek), Matt Watts (@DerbyFan78)
and Mike MacAdam (@Mike_MacAdam)

Terry Finley w/Stogie
(not the guy next to him)

Gate Break - Juvenile Fillies

Calvary Charge - Juvenile Fillies
Heading to Clubhouse Turn

My Miss Aurelia impressive
in victory (Juvenile Fillies)

Royal Delta screams by
It's Tricky to win Ladies' Classic
Will be live blogging tomorrow from The Buffalo News' Sports, Ink page...be sure to stop by!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online