RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One to Go...

Photo Courtesy: ThoroFan Michelle Godin
Well, we're down to one Classic race left in the Triple Crown series and I for one, am pretty excited about it. It's gone by almost too fast after all of the anticipation...just think, over five weeks ago, Uncle Mo was still on the radar...so what's been on my mind lately....

-  The Belmont condition book states that the Belmont Stakes could handle 16 entrants (I don't believe it's ever happened), the most being 15 in 1983.

- Pull the Pocket's recent post is on point regarding the NTRA chief bottle washer. The dude has no authority, thus no foot to stand on.  You know what they say, no hoof, no horse.

- Really, really enjoyed Nick Tammaro's latest post on Belmont's myths and "rules" and not just because he gave me a mention. I think its some good stuff to consider before heading to the window next weekend.

- The Space Kid has cornered my iPad. He's addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That's not the issue, the fact that he watches it in Japanese has me concerned.

- Why aren't there more dirt races at a mile and a half on the racing calendar?

- Why doesn't NYRA move the Acorn to pre-Belmont Friday and try and make a weekend of it? Many of us out-of-town commuters would probably come a day early and drop some additional dough...

- Looking forward to seeing the changes at Belmont Park since my last visit, especially the Belmont Cafe.

- Fort Erie starts twilight racing next week for the next three months on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Post time is 4 p.m. and the new Tiki Bar near the finish line opens up next Tuesday. They will also have live bands playing after the last race.

- Isn't that photo above of the Derby's clubhouse turn absolutely awesome? I met Michelle (a ThoroFan) at the Derby and she sent it to me and let me use it on the blog...

- TKS gave me a shoutout that I nudged him over the Twitter cliff in this post, based on a post back in January on horse racing Twitter accounts I'd like to see. One person on the list is already deceased, not sure that's a good sign for my pal, TKS.

- Only bet one race all last weekend.....Exchange Funds. Slump broken. TwinSpires walk of shame averted.

- Talked to Jon Cramer from Buffalo Raceway today, the NY Sire Stakes are about to get underway at the harness track and they have a nice promotion in mid-July for the whole fam called "Back to the Track Night." Space Kid's going on a pony ride.

- Is it really only seven weeks to opening day at Saratoga?

- One more to go...and no, I won't be picking Mucho Macho Man.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online