RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Top 5 Things - Belmont Edition

As I was snoozing at my parent's house in the 'Cuse, after spending two of the last three weekends at major racing venues my mind started to wander (dangerous, I know). I wondered what would it take for me to miss the Belmont Stakes, a race day I love to attend as much as any other...of course a list came to mind.

What would be the Top 5 things that would keep me away?

1. Family Commitment or Event. Easy one here....the fam always comes first. This would include weddings, graduations, dance recitals (Space Filly), Space Kid ball games, selected funerals and a sick dog. Nothing shocking here...most bases covered.

2. Sabres Stanley Cup-clinching game. I have seen Lord Stanley's Cup grace the ice at Buffalo's HSBC Arena...I'd just like to see the good guys carry it around the ice. As a long suffering Buffalo fan for over 25 years, this would make me pass on the third jewel (although if it were a Triple Crown year I might think twice).

3. Livin' it up at the Hotel California. If the Space Gal wanted to do a trip and it was the only weekend she could swing it. Plus, I hear it's a lovely place.

4. Vegas. Do I need to explain? Speaking of the Space Gal...she's already planning for my big 5-0 in a few years to be a Breeders' Cup weekend in Vegas with my pals. How cool is that? November 2013 at the Mirage...mark your calendar.

5. Meet and Greet including dinner with one of my childhood idols. The list? A) Brooks Robinson; B) the late Johnny Unitas; C) Muhammad Ali; D) Dr. J; or E) the late Pete Maravich. I debated on a couple here: Smokin' Joe Frazier, Howard Cosell, David Cassidy and Steve Carlton all receiving votes.

I can't think of much else that would keep me away, other than a work commitment, natural disaster or invitation from the President to play the ponies together....how about you?

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online