RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whatever Happened to....

Some light lifting after spending a quick 3 hours and 45 minutes at the Ralph today. Can't remember the last time I was home before 4:30pm on gameday. Thanks to the Browns coaching staff for running the ball 300 times today to keep the clock moving in that horrid weather. I took my dad to the game today and watching the Browns I started wondering....

Whatever Happened To (we'll alternate between sports/pop culture & horse racing)...

- Brian Sipe? The leader of the Comeback Kids of the 70s for the Browns...

- The NTRA Safety & Integrity Alliance? Crickets. Shouldn't we be getting the annual propaganda report right about now? Too busy milking that Zenyatta thing, I guess.

- The Monkees? Hey, hey we're the monkees. Yeah, those guys. Where are they now?

- The National Pick Four? In case ya missed the earlier post....

- The Vuvuzela? Has there ever been another instrument that's fallen from grace faster than the vuvuzela?

- The marketing for the Beulah Park Fortune Six? I totally forgot about the 25 cent wager that captured my fancy last winter...has the wager lost it's luster?

- Earl Weaver? I miss the Earl of Baltimore. Best sequence ever during one of his 97 career ejections as manager of the O's was yelling at an ump: "I'm going to check the rule-book on that" the umpire replied, "Here, use mine." Weaver countered, "That's no good - I can't read Braille."

- Charismatic's ESPN Movie? Tap, tap, tap. Still waiting World Wide Leader....

- Sports Challenge? Best. Game. Show. Ever. If you don't remember this show that aired in the 70s and pitted sports teams against each other in a trivia contest format with Dick Enberg hosting....you don't know what you missed.

- The Eclipse Award for Lifetime Achievement? Oh yeah, they don't have one of those.

That's all for now...the TBA 2010 Photo Contest is up and running and submissions will be accepted up through next Friday (the 17th), so send in your best photogs of 2010.

2 Comments:

The_Knight_Sky said...

LOL Brian Sipe !

And that Sports Challenge. I'll always remember the latter but not the former because a show had a clip of Yogi Berra arguing with the umpire in the 1973 World Series.

The ump said Fosse tagged the runner out at home. The runner (Willie Mays?) disagreed and went on his knees to plead his case that afternooon in Oakland.

I'll have to spread the word on the TBA photo contest. May even enter. Look out Barb Livingston!

Michael said...

Brian Sipe I think lives in my hometown..... the Encinitas area.... I meet him in the late 80's..... and he was a friend of a friend of mine. Played Tennis together.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online