Tweet It's one of those days....
Sunday, December 19, 2010
- Yeah, that was fun waiting for the CashCall Futurity yesterday while the favorite and ultimate winner Comma to the Top waited to for someone to run down to Payless and get him a new pair of shoes. Luckily, the Syracuse-Iona game was on SNY so the 35 minute delay didn't mess me up too much. Regardless, the horse looked impressive, as did the late run of JP's Gusto, but shouldn't he have been scratched? This is up to the stewards?
- Fun fact: Per Urban Dictionary.com comma to the top is another way to say apostrophe. The blog site I link above was "inspired by hearing people refer to what the world knows as an "apostrophe" (') called a "comma to the top." What is wrong with the word apostrophe? Why are we redesigning grammar? I've dedicated this to similar public faux pas, grammatical errors, misspelling and pure irony found in public media." I'll bet you can find an Amar'e sighting in there somewhere.
- Fish Squished, 17-14. Always a joy. Speaking of football...that D-Jack return was crazy today.
- The TBA photo contest is in full swing. Vote now. (Well not right now, after you finish reading me).
- Feeling overly sensitive about my apostrophe use; just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not watching.
- In case you missed them, my article in The Buffalo News on technology aids for horseplayers and my racing gift ideas post for the racing fan in your life in The News' Sports, Ink Blog.
- Finished 352nd in the Equibase Capping Tourney at Hollyrock this weekend. Swept three straight (races 6-8) which paid $62.80 for the Pick 3 if you played it (I didn't), but could only muster a second earlier in the contest. Another reason I don't play the Cali tracks...and it's not because of a boycott sponsored by...oh I'm not going there.
- Did you hear that the 2011 NHC Tour membership is only $45?
- Rolling out something new here at the blog later this week...stay tuned.