RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Itchin' for the Spa

I have to say to that my internal clock is going off, cuz tomorrow is usually the day that would be opening day at the Spa. What, they've already been running for 4 days?!? That's what happens when you spend a weekend in Canada, you lose all track of time...

Well, I'm three days away from the inaugural visit and we're towing along the Space Gal and Kid for this one. Less than 18 months old and he'll complete the superfecta of Keeneland, Churchill, Gulfstream with the Spa. There's no better place to top off a super like that.

So what's on my mind.....I know you didn't ask..but you're gonna get it anyways 'cause it's one of those opinionated days....

- I guess I can't be too disappointed I missed another wet opening day...

- Looking forward to catching up with some old and new friends at the Spa, including the folks who run ThoroFan. They've been terrific to work with on the TBA Handicappers' Corner and on some other business issues.

- The best race of the meet is shaping up to be the TVG/Betfair (excuse me while I throw up) Alabama. It reminds me of 2008 when Proud Spell and Music Note faced off in a mano-y-mano affair. The Devil May Care-Blind Luck matchup looms large.

- I have to say I'm pretty excited to see Afleet Express in the Dandy this weekend. I was a big fan of his papa. Probably the most disappointed I was about missing a horse race was when Afleet Alex (one of my favorites) retired before running in the 2005 Travers. Major bummer.

- Also glad I get to see a fav of mine again, Fly Down, who will run in the Dandy also. Thinking I have my cold exacta in the books already.

- Who else wants Big Drama to show up for a matchup in the Forego with Vineyard Haven?

- Lost my mind when I was shut out on TwinSpires on the Peace Bridge (sitting in traffic for an hour) trying to make an across the board wager on Maybesomaybenot in the Sanford....ugh.

- Figures Javier Castellano rips off 5 in a row on Sunday, a week before our visit. He's been the Space Gal's favorite since we started summering at the Spa and she consistently plays his mounts no matter what. It was a repeat of his Labor Day 2005 performance, which we were fortunate enough to witness.

- The Personal Ensign. Nah.....it'll never happen. [If it does, I'll be Huckleberry Hound for Halloween.]

- Just looked at Friday's twilight card...must be Ladies' Night....7 filly & mare races sandwiched inside of two $20-$25K claimers...interesting.

- Don't forget to send me your Toga Party III pick for the Dandy before Saturday noon.

Looking forward to scratching that itch.

3 Comments:

Ernie said...

:)

"TVG/Betfair (excuse me while I throw up) Alabama. "


The Forego should be terrific.

The_Knight_Sky said...

Fly Down in the Jim Dandy is Huckleberry Hound's selection.

Soupy said...

The reason you lose track of time in Canada is because they are on the metric system.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online