RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Westward Ho!

Off to sunny (smoggy?) Southern California today for the big weekend. To say that I'm a little excited would be an understatement. Excited for my first visit to Santa Anita, a track I've only witnessed on TVG, ESPN or TwinSpires TV. I can't wait to see the mountains in the background on my own, not to mention the sun (something that disappears in these parts for months at a time). I have to say I've been quite fortunate with my track visits this year from Keeneland to Churchill to Belmont to Saratoga to wrap it up at Santa Anita. (With my brother in law settling in Fort Lauderdale, it looks like Gulfstream is next up on the rotation in January).

So what am I looking forward to most?

- By far and away the backdrop of the San Gabriel mountains.
- Enjoying the weekend with a good friend and long time client. (Buckle your seat belt)
- Hangin' at Seabiscuit Court on Friday to check out the Tweeters Cup.
- The potential of hitting a big one (hey, I guy can dream)
- The Classic (even without Rachel and Sea The Stars) looks like a damn good horse race
- The Juvenile....is next year's Derby winner among us? (MTB was there last year!)
- Hearing live for the first time "And Away They Go"
- Seein' my boy (soon to be boys) from Obviously NY Stables and rooting on the NY-bred Canadian Ballet in the Turf Sprint
- Just being around people who love and live for racing.
- Seeing Zenyatta in the flesh.
- Winning the TBA handicapping challenge (just kidding) here's the link to the open contest.

I was at the Sabres game tonight (nice 3-0 win over the Isles) in a suite with the father of Jess Jackson's in-house counsel and he gave me a Curlin hat, so the weekend is already off to a great start. So, we'll be dormant in this space for a few days, look for a recap of the weekend Sunday or Monday so drop me a line or tweet....and don't forget to check out my NTRA blog for my Dirt Mile selections (hint: beat the chalk). And Away We Go.....

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online