RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ups & Downs

It was one of those roller coaster weekends with lots of ups & downs...let's take a look:

Big Ups
- The emergence of several exciting 2yo's in the weekend stakes races were well documented around the interwebs. Personally, my hunch (Derby?) colt will be Buddy's Saint (childhood nickname).
- Kodiak Kowboy's big win in the H&D Cigar Mile gave him 3 Grade I's this year and us blogger types another Eclipse Award debate for Sprinter of the year (although not sure a mile win qualifies as a sprint).
- The 'Cuse hoops squad! They are for reals, yo! Next Dome trip, Feb 10th vs. UConn...Dome dog report: very tasty.
- The Bills! TO is TO bound this week....and so am I. A trip to Woodbine Thursday after noon followed by a date with the J-E-T-S in the SkyDome....err Rogers Centre. Woodbine report on Friday.
- My fantasy football team. Thank you Mr. Brees, for delivering the 13 points I needed tonight before halftime, my body thanks you. Which reminds me, I loved the TVG fantasy horse racing stable game/league I was in a few years ago where each competitor selected five colts and five fillies and had 25 or so free moves. Points were awarded based on hitting the board in graded stakes every weekend. I would so do it again, and what a great way to get young techie type fans involved.
- The Space Gal....for unloading an early Xmas present on me.....HRTV online!!! I no longer need my HRTV! I watched the "Tribute to Bobby" special tonight on my computer as my first foray into HRTV....I think I'm gonna like this.
Down in the Dumps
- Summer Bird. I was distraught Saturday night when the Paulick Report was first to break the story about his injury in Japan a week before he was to run in the Japan Dirt Cup (G1). Best wishes for a quick recovery to one fo my favorites.
- Notre Dame Football. Really, you voted not to go to a bowl game. Really Notre Dame? They're kidding, right? Funny, I heard Jimmy Clausen's postgame interview on Saturday night and it sure sounded like he wanted to go bowling. They need to get over their own selves (not sure that's proper grammar, but no one's grading this blog, so I think I'm safe).
- Elin Woods. Poor club selection, a driver was the obvious pick.
-Lady's Secret. Even though I had to look up her achievements, she was obviously disrespected by the decision to yank the name of her race and give it to Zenyatta. Big thumbs down.

1 Comment:

John said...

You should have put the joke about Tiger at the start of the post . . .very funny

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online