RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Space Links

Not much to report from the Space Station this week, other than my golf game has taken a sudden turn for the worse and the Space Kid is eating more food than we can store....growin' boy (linebacker?) ya know. So we only have a few links to share mid-week as we are 44 days out from the Breeders' Cup at the Oak Tree meet at Santa Anita.

- Interesting story about the Oregon football coach sending a refund check to a disgruntled fan who made the trip to Boise State. Come to think of it, the connections of Friesan Fire owe me a refund for a couple races back in May....

- I feel sorry for Michael Blowen at Old Friends, when I spoke with him in the Saratoga paddock this summer when he was up to see the Sword Dancer he was soooo excited about Lava Man joining the wonderful retirement community in Kentucky. The Thoroughbred Times reports that he wasn't even aware that he was not coming in October and was back in training....

- Thinking of taking in a Laker game while in Cali for the Breeders' Cup, they happen to be home against the Grizz on Friday night after the Ladies' Classic....that would be one to check off the list...

- I've been quiet on the Top Chef front, we have 9 people in our $25/person elimination pool, so there's some decent scratch at stake, and three folks have been eliminated through the first five weeks. I had the 5th draft choice and had to settle with my alter ego, Eli Kirshstein. The Space Gal has a stronger entry selecting Bryan Voltaggio with the fourth pick. We both will try to survive another night this evening. Eli has to pick it up, he's been a middle-of-the-packer so far. The Saratoga Resident is also sitting pretty with Kevin G. Vegas even puts out odds on the contestants...good stuff.

- Has Sean Salisbury lost his mind? Why yes, yes he has.

- I've posted a new entry on the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile and some betting strategies and interesting statistics to ponder over at my NTRA blog, check it out as well as all of the NTRA blogs posted by members of the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance.

4 Comments:

The_Knight_Sky said...

ha ha ha.
It's great to see the roster of the TBA bloggers on the NTRA pages.

As Leslie Neilsen used to say in Airplane:

Good Luck, we're all counting on you. :P

John said...

I am a big Top Chef fan too, I keep waiting for Mike Isabella to be eliminated. He really pissed me off when he won with that de-constructed bernaise sauce.

Gene Kershner said...

TKS: Thanks for the support, and of course, for reading!

John: Funny thing is, no one in our pool selected Mike I cuz he's such a d-bag. I'll send you an email next year when we are putting the remote draft together if you want in...

John said...

Thanks Geno, I'd like that

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online