RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Heidi Game Flashback

It wasn't exactly the Heidi Game today in the Space Station, but close. I had blogged last evening about the deft clicking ability that would be necessary to navigate the five races between 5 and 6pm. One would have to deftly weave between NBC, TVG, HRTV and MSG+ to see all five races running during the dinner hour. All was well with Keeneland on TVG to see Stardom Bound get upset in the Ashland (G1) by Foolish Pleasure favorite Hooh Why. That's when my afternoon went haywire.

I think Alex must have been sticking pins in his SpaceMan voodoo doll as I maneuvered the channel to NBC to see what Gary Stevens and Tom Hammond had to say, when I saw the dreaded words. Telethon for {Insert Local Charity here}. Horse racing preempted for all day telethon in Buffalo. Damn. I had no Plan B. So I decided to flip over to MSG+ to watch the Wood, found out it's not part of my DirecTV package (even though I have the special sports package...wtf?) I sent out a tweet for help. My nine year old was on the computer in the Space Den. "Umm DJ, could I interrupt your Club Penguin session to watch a race?" His reply, "Sure Dad, for ten bucks." The boy is well trained.

We watched the Illinois Derby (track was reported to be fair by a very good source) and Santa Anita Derby together (he's convinced he won the SA trifecta and that I'm supposed to pay him - now I owe him $27.70). At least it was a good bonding session and he learned a few things about investing in horses. Special thanks to Alan H. who sent me a text on the goings on of the Wood after he saw my tweet of despair.

Not only did my TV session of racing nirvana get totally screwed up, but The Pamplemousse scratches and Imperial Council's got nothing in the tank, both horses in my futuracta box from Future Pool 2. About the only thing that went well today was that I wasn't wagering and that I think I scored pretty well in the R2R game. Two firsts (PoTN and Capt Candyman Can) and two seconds (West Side Bernie and Chocolate Candy) and Gomez/Baffert with Pioneer. With five horses available for selection on Monday, I can concentrate on the Blue Grass, Arkansas and Lexington with three horses and pick up two majors for the Derby.

I did watch the race replays tonight and was very impressed with Joe Talamo's ride on I Want Revenge. It looks like the Wienermobile will be making its way to Louisville, but a new driver will be navigating (Mullins).

1 Comment:

dana said...

LOL, forgot about the Wienermobile... classic!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online