RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Show the Love with a Racing Gift

I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit and with only 13 shopping days left til Christmas, 10 shopping days before Hanukkah, and 14 days before Kwanzaa you better get hopping. Since posting my big wish high end item the Kindle last month, I have been searching for some of the best gifts for the equine at heart. Here's my Top 10 list:

1) Subscription to the Blood-Horse. No racing fan should go without one of the best industries rags. Thanks Space Gal!!!

2) 2009 Horse Racing Calendar. You can either wait for the freebie from your pals at NYRA (if you have any) or hope someone picks this one up for you so you have the biggest racing dates up on the wall in your den or in your office!

3) The DRF Cover Tee. I've been eyeing this one up for some of my racing pals for some time now. Check out the side pocket to keep your form. Comes in a colorful array of black.

4) The Pay-Dirt Coaster Set. What better gift for your friend from Toga, so you can put your glass or beer down on (instead of his antique table and getting yelled at!). While you're at this site, check out some of the awesome photos they have for sale also.

5) The Seattle Slew Ornament. What racing fan shouldn't have this hanging from the tree!

6) Betting Synthetic Surfaces Book. Not for the dirt fan at heart. I've touted this book by Bill Finley in the past. It's the best out their on the synth. Try it, you'll like it. Of course, there are tons of books at DRF Press and what not to check out.

7) Spectator Binoculars. What racing fan doesn't like to hold up the binocs to check out the action as they fly down on the back side.

8) Exquisite Hats from Ann Sawyer. For the ladies on the big racing days. Really folks she's not paying me commissions. I think she has quality product.

9) Thirst Aid Helmet for Top of the Stretch-ers. Just so I'm not leaving anyone out and not bias to the fritty hats, what guy wouldn't want the ole' beer hat on so he can hold the Form and a pen to handicap the maiden claimer. A must have.

10) At The Track Santa. I couldn't leave the big guy out in the cold, so he made the list! Tell me you wouldn't want this figurine on your mantle?

I hope that helps you in some of your holiday shopping for the racing fan in your life. Of course, the NYRA Store, the NTRA Store and the Breeders' Cup Store all include some really neat novelties.

3 Comments:

Wind Gatherer said...

What about the 'Cobra Venom of the Month Club' gift set?

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be watching my Bears?

Anonymous said...

a picture pedigree of your favorite racehorse www.picturepedigree.com or go to ebay

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online