RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Color of Money

After ten years of running an NCAA Calcutta pool, with last night's OT victory by Kansas, the Commish finally cashed a winning ticket returning a whopping $5.20, for a return of 6.5%. As my pal, the Saratoga Resident, says “First you cash the ticket, then you complain about how little it is.” Known throughout the Western New York area as the Loser of Office Pools, most local corporations recruit me for their pools, knowing I possess a long losing streak. In the two NCAA bracket pools entered I placed a solid 34th out of 35 (of course, last place paid), and 68th out of 99 in the second. Even my lovely bride, the Space Gal, came in 24th….ugh. Funnier yet, the Masters Office Pool was circulated via email yesterday and in the email body was the following message from one of my managers: "Also, for a little guidance, you can ask Geno who he is planning on picking. That will give you five players to avoid right off the start." My status is legendary. Then the day was topped off with my $20 square at the local watering hole having the numbers 7 and 7. Hilarious, that I've been in so many Super Bowl square pools and never have drawn those two numbers, but of course, in a basketball setting: bingo. Maybe cashing on the Calcutta will change my luck…..yeah right.

Bella Cavello Update: The boys at BC Stables have Cool Pleasures (by Stravinsky, out of Stolen Pleasures) running in the 8th on the grass (mile) at Laurel on Thursday from the 10 hole, Eric Camacho up. The five year old returns to the grass after running several sprints on the dirt for trainer Crystal Pickett.

Update to KD Futures blog: Cool Coal Man ended up at 19-1 ($5 bet), Court Vision ended up at 18-1 ($10 bet) and as War Pass inched up to 14-1, I took a late flyer ($10 bet) on him. I hope he runs...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online