RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Dozen Reasons Hope Springs Eternal

A Dozen - Buffalo Style
You know what movie scared the crap out of me as a kid? Poltergeist. That was one scary film. In honor of Poltergeist III, this blog is proclaiming "We're Baaaack!" I also wouldn't let my feet dangle in the movie theatre while watching "Jaws" for the first time. Please don't tell anyone -- I was just a 10-year old kid and that shark was huge and nasty. I still abhor scary flicks, but there's always hope. Speaking of hope, today is the first day of Spring and signals the return of the Space blog.

After a minor hiatus [what's four months between friends?] and pondering whether or not to shut it down completely, we decided to post through the Triple Crown and see where the wind takes us. We've been busy with our weekly Friday morning column at The Buffalo News which you can bookmark here and contributing to the Wireplayers.com Derby Dozen panel.

Speaking of the Derby Dozen, the latest Volume was released today and Itsmyluckyday (my top selection) sits atop of the panel's latest edition. When you bet on the Kentucky Derby a quick peak at the latest Dozen is an A-1 source for all things Derby. My final poll last year included Bodemeister in the top spot and I'll Have Another in the second spot so take heed as my fellow pollsters project Derby 139's best. For a listing of all of the panelists' individual selections, please click here.

The latest poll with full-on snark commentary as released this afternoon can be found below:



If you missed my annual "Derby Wings" article, it was in last weekend's Saturday edition, that you can find online here. It's good to be back in the Space Capsule and I'm looking forward to carrying through the Triple Crown season with some of our usual features, including the Derby Spreadsheet, the Degrees of Separation post and of course, the annual Black-Eyed Susan Dey post.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online