RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, October 5, 2012

Kershner runs today at Belmont

I was alerted via Twitter earlier today by Buffalo Raceway's Sam Pendolino, that I have a namesake and he is running at Belmont Park this afternoon in Race 9 for Dale Romans. One other fun fact is that he is recently gelded. Kershner is a 2-year-old by Trippi out of a Great Above mare.  Joel Rosario is in the irons.

Interesting name within the dam bloodlines is the dam's great-grandfather Minnesota Mac...as my mother was born in St. Paul and her mom (my grandmother)'s maiden name was McGovern.  Hence, the Minnesota Mac name seems to fit the bill.  Of course, within the sire's bloodlines is Forty Niner (sire's grandfather) and we all know what the Bills are going to do to them this weekend.

He drew number 13, which is pretty much par for the course and the race is off the dirt and his morning line odds are a juicy 6-1. For years I've been following a horse named Geno who just hasn't cut the mustard down South (mainly the Louisiana circuit), so I'm hoping my surname-sake will bring home the bacon and not be a money-burner like good ole Geno.

For more name fun, recently my friends Frank and Connie, owners of Bella Cavello Stables in Buffalo, purchased a Curlin chestnut colt (Hip #310) at the Saratoga sale in August (out of Re Re Be Be) who has a Space Gal in her lineage!

Space Gal, born in 1967 won three of 24 starts, finishing in the money 10 times and had career earnings of $29,100. Her best progeny was a colt named Spacecapiat who was by a Buckpasser colt name Gallapiat who earned over $277,000 in his career.

So let's see how much of my money this namesake of mine will burn....

P.S. My latest TBN Sports, Ink blog is up on tomorrow's Grade 1 Champagne Stakes.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online