Friday, November 11, 2011
Pretty sure I won't be seeing another 11-11-11 in my lifetime, so we're going to enjoy this one. Ironically we're headed to Happy Valley to celebrate the Space Filly's 1st birthday with the in-laws. The Space Gal's step-uncle was the arresting officer for the AG in the case going on down there, so should make for some interesting conversation this weekend.
I'd give 11 reasons to like the number 11, but that seems a little much...so here's a few...
1) I guess I have a special place in my heart for #11 as #10 was my favorite number and jersey in college and high school, so #11 was typically the road jersey I would wear. I found this site that discussed different life path's which seemed to focus on many world leaders. Not sure what it means, but interesting nonetheless.
2) November, being the 11th month, typically hosts the Breeders' Cup, so that works.
3) Any wide receiver (see Larry Fitzgerald) who wears #11 is pretty cool in my book.
4) WPIX Channel 11 was one of the first cable channels I ever discovered as a young boy in Syracuse. While I'm not a Yankees fan, I loved listening to Scooter Rizzuto and Bill White call NYY games in the late 70s on that channel.
5) Mark Messier was a pretty cool #11, loved when he called that victory back in '94 against the Devils. Good stuff.
6) Penn State was the 11th school to enter the Big Ten. Bad Karma.
7) After some extensive research (Google), I found several horses who won the Kentucky Derby from post position 11 including Bubbling Over (1926) and Brokers Tip (1933).
We'll put a wrap on it after 7. Time to grab a slurpee at 7-Eleven.