RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Buffalo Today, Hot Tamale

All signs point towards racing tomorrow even with anticipated high temperatures. I happened to be on a 3:59 excursion in August of 2006 when the one and only cancellation happened at Saratoga Race Course due to the high heat index that Wednesday morning.

The (former) Saratoga Resident, G-Money and I will be heading out first thing in the morning for the Spa and some weekend action at my favorite place in the world.

I wrote an advance article for The Buffalo News that was in this morning's paper on the coming meet where I highlighted some of my favorite things about the 'ole Spa. Check tomorrow morning's Sports, Ink blog for my handicap of the very competitive Coaching Club American Oaks, which features the winning fillies of the Kentucky Oaks, Black-Eyed Susan, Acorn, Mother Goose and Fantasy Stakes. It should be a terrific initial Grade 1 to kick off the meet. NBC will televise the CCAO with an hour broadcast Saturday afternoon.

I missed my first opener in five years last year due to family and business obligations, but we're re-starting the streak tomorrow. I spent time before this blog looking back at pictures of my first opener in 2006 and my first attendance at morning workouts at the main track.

If you haven't got your Toga Party IV picks into me, I'll extend them to emails received prior to post time tomorrow. Most of the usual cast of characters are back, but the more the merrier!

As for tomorrow's card, the James Marvin looks like a tremendous betting race. Leaning towards Here Comes Ben and Jersey Town. As for the Grade 3 Schuylerville, I like Vuvovar (8-1 ML) off a sharp workout for conditioner Eric Guillot. After picking consecutive winners publicly in the first two legs of the Canadian Triple Crown, let's hope I can keep it rollin' in the US and A.

Enjoy opening day, there's no other place to be...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online