RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Oaks Day!

The Space Gal and I made it down to Louisville last night safely. This is her first Derby so she's plenty excited and just bought her first Oaks Day hat.  The bad weather they have been predicting all week looks to have passed by and the sky is clear and looks to be an awesome Oaks Day.

I'm blessed to be covering the event for The Buffalo News and had my preview in today's print edition. Fortunately, I stayed away from Uncle Mo in my analysis as I had a hunch on Wednesday night he wouldn't make the gate. His connections announced the scratch this morning at the Auxiliary Press Center shortly before 9am.  [Derby Update 10:59am: Robby Albarado is off Animal Kingdom and John Velazquez has picked up the mount]

As far as the Oaks goes today, I like Zazu, the California filly who has battled the very talented Turbulent Descent last two times out.  If you want to join some of the bloggers in a handicapping contest, the TBA is having the annual Oaks/Derby contest (open to all).  Click here to enter your selections and go for the gusto (as well as bragging rights).  My Oaks post should be up later this morning at the Sports, Ink blog.

Finally, tomorrow I will be live blogging the Derby at the Sports, Ink site and will post a link tomorrow once it's live. So I've got my hands full for a couple of days, but enjoying every minute of it.  Time to go check out the Space Gal's hat!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online