RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bejeweled

The second jewel of the Triple Crown will be awarded today and the horse to the left is hoping it matches the one he already holds! Animal Kingdom arrived this morning at 6:45 a.m. at Pimlico from Fair Hill and he looks terrific.

I happened to catch him getting his morning bath along the shedrow before he disappeared back into Stall 40, the traditional home of the Kentucky Derby champ.

We'll be using the Animal along with our top selection Mucho Macho Man and mixing in Sway Away, Dialed In and I'm starting to warm up to Dance City. I hold a BES/Preakness double ticket containing all five.

It's been a photogenic kind of week for me, Joe DePaolo from Horse Racing Nation and Fast Times at Belmont Park chatted with myself and the Michigan-Bred Claimer yesterday outside the Preakness press box.

I'll be live blogging today at The Buffalo News' Sports, Ink blog, so check out how my day is progressing as I'll be roaming the grandstand and will venture out to InfieldFest late this morning.

Mucho Macho Man
I love how Mucho Macho Man looked this morning, very relaxed and calm. Remember another Macho Uno colt did fairly well in this race several years ago when Macho Again finished second to Big Brown.

While some have soured on Sway Away, I think this might be his breakout race and there's always a newcomer who shows up on the board in the Preakness.

Have a great Preakness Day!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online