RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Slippers

Today is definitely a prop the feet up on the couch type of Sunday. Thanks to the NFL for not starting until 3pm today! That way we can continue our Tampa experiment.....

- I decided to play Tampa Bay Downs this weekend, for no apparent reason other than the TVG Bonanza contest. Of course, in the "I Never Read the Rules" department, I skimmed them and made all 10 of my $20 WP wagers on Saturday, thinking I had 10 more to make today. I did fairly well winning $498 on $400 wagered, with 4 winners and a second and some decent price horses. I played along as well and hit two moderate Pick 3's. We're playing again today before the football games start up. Lots of low level claimers, but the track seemed to be playing fair and the answers are always somewhere in those past performances.

- The 6th Race at Tampa is extremely interesting today, where three of the five remaining entries in the $24,500 Allowance are stakes horses, including You Go West Girl, Keertana and Romacaca. I'll be siding with Romacaca with Daniel Centeno up. She finished 4th in the Beverly D at Arlington last summer and I think she'll go wire to wire here.

- Other stuff going on...I'm again a willing participant in the Wireplayers.com Derby Dozen and the only person to select To Honor and Serve as his #1 horse over Uncle Mo. I have good vibes about this horse and look forward to his next race. Of course, it's way too early in the game to be selecting Derby horses, but what I like about participating it makes me do my homework on pedigree and statistics about the top contenders. I was a big Bernardini fan, so he has some decent pedigree, his dam Pilfer won 3 of 11 starts. Trainer Bill Mott will be looking to add to his new found Triple Crown trail success after training last year's Belmont Stakes winner Drosselmeyer.

- I wrote a quick recap of the Eclipse Awards earlier in the week for The Buffalo News....which you can find here.

- Buffalo Raceway opened a week ago Friday and the first race winner paid over $100! Not a bad way to start a meeting!

- My Ice Ice Baby post from the 2009 Belmont Stakes has been getting some mongo hits, based on a photo I took of Jeannine Edwards in the paddock...Word to your Mother!

Enjoy Championship Sunday, and put on those slippers!

1 Comment:

Susan said...

I made the same mistake in the Tampa contest...grrrr...

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online