RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, November 5, 2010

Breeders' Cup News and Notes

Some news and notes before I head out to meet the boys at Wehrle OTB for Filly Friday.

- Hoping it's not Filet Friday, but sticking by my guns. I tried to go with my gut and not be distracted by what others had to say.

- First print article in The Buffalo News can be found here (and on Page B6!!)

- My Filly Friday prognostications for the The News' Sports, Ink blog are here and Saturday's should be up later today.

- I contributed to Steve Munday's Locks and Bombs post idea.

- 10 members of the TBA have posts up at ThoroFan's Handicappers' Corner, be sure to check them out.

- Rightly So has scratched out of the Filly & Mare Sprint....oh well.

- I made a couple spot plays in the Jockey Bet with the Space Gal's favorite Javier Castellano (16-1 with an hour left) and my favorite jock, Johnny V (9-1). The Field looks to be the smart bet, but there's not much value at 3/5 at the moment.

- Still no word on whether the Arc winner will run in the BC Turf tomorrow. “Right after training, we’re going to give it a short (three minutes) shot of water, because of the wind, just to make sure that it’s not drying out,” Breeders' Cup Turf Consultant Peterson told trainer Michael Stoute. Peterson also stated that there was a 40 percent chance of rain in the forecast, so they were not going to water ahead of that. “We are still concerned about the ground and what the weather will do,” Stoute said. “Obviously there are concerns with a big heavy horse like him. The added problem is moisture evaporation with this wind. “We’ll play for time, and make a decision in the morning, and obviously we’ll talk to Ryan after he rides on the course today.”

Good luck everyone.



blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online