RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Sunday


Some days can't get any better. Cuse wins a tough road Big East tilt, we're live in Gulfstream's P4 (we're on the Hallandale Beach Stakes 3rd leg right now) and to top it off we're slow cooking some ribs for some special guests that are soon to be arriving.

Lots of racing news this week and here our some thoughts in balmy Buffalo (no snow):

- No way Jackson has Rachel
Alexandra show up in the Apple Blossom...I think he waits until she runs a couple races to get the rust off. I wouldn't rush to make any reservations just yet. Slow and steady wins the race.

- Quality Road ran a big one over the weekend in the Donn Handicap and posts a huge Beyer (122). Seems a tad high to me.

- Eightyfiveinafifty did not make my list for the WirePlayers.com Derby Dozen that I am a pollster in, where he was ranked 5th...thinking I made the right choice, although you'd think he'd be a hunch play of mine with my affinity for breaking sub 4 hour drives to the Spa....

- Santa Anita washed out on Saturday with big races on tap. All weather, indeed.

- Colts 35 Saints 31. Only cuz the Space Gal has 5 and 1 in her SB square pool. Of course, I drew 2 and 2. Whatever.

- Just nailed the third leg at Gulfstream with Bim Bam (nosing Interactif at the wire). Live to two horses (Notes Prince & Raising Timber) in the last leg.....and Joey Bravo is prolly off Raising Timber after taking a bad spill in the second leg (Race 7 on Souma) where he went over the rail....hoping he's ok.

OK, gotta keep an eye on those ribs...wish me luck on that final leg.....

5 Comments:

Steve Munday said...

Sorry about the P4, you were close. Bravo coming off didn't help.

By the way, I did a quick accounting and 85ina50 earned votes from 5 of the 10 pollsters -with 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th place votes. Full disclosure, he was 7th on my list. But then I bet against him in the Whirlaway cause he was such a huge underlay.

Enjoy the game (and the ribs)!

The_Knight_Sky said...

Hope your ribs were better than Joe Bravo's today.

Tricks of the trade: purchase at least 10% of the squares every year. ;-)

Unknown said...

Tough way to lose the late P4.

You've got a handle on this Gulf meet, though

Valerie Grash said...

Good call on Eightyfiveinafifty. No way he gets 10 furlongs, lucky if he gets 9f. Helluva jumping prospect, though :)

Gene Kershner said...

Steve: Thanks for the update on the poll.....and the condolences! Thanks for including me!

TKS: I had 4 squares in our pool...I'll have to boost that by another 6 next year!

E: Close but no Macanudo.

Val: Blind squirrel theory in play. Jumper, very funny. :)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online