Some days can't get any better. Cuse wins a tough road Big East tilt, we're live in Gulfstream's P4 (we're on the Hallandale Beach Stakes 3rd leg right now) and to top it off we're slow cooking some ribs for some special guests that are soon to be arriving.
Lots of racing news this week and here our some thoughts in balmy Buffalo (no snow):
- No way Jackson has Rachel
Alexandra show up in the Apple Blossom...I think he waits until she runs a couple races to get the rust off. I wouldn't rush to make any reservations just yet. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Quality Road ran a big one over the weekend in the Donn Handicap and posts a huge Beyer (122). Seems a tad high to me.
- Eightyfiveinafifty did not make my list for the WirePlayers.com Derby Dozen that I am a pollster in, where he was ranked 5th...thinking I made the right choice, although you'd think he'd be a hunch play of mine with my affinity for breaking sub 4 hour drives to the Spa....
- Santa Anita washed out on Saturday with big races on tap. All weather, indeed.
- Colts 35 Saints 31. Only cuz the Space Gal has 5 and 1 in her SB square pool. Of course, I drew 2 and 2. Whatever.
- Just nailed the third leg at Gulfstream with Bim Bam (nosing Interactif at the wire). Live to two horses (Notes Prince & Raising Timber) in the last leg.....and Joey Bravo is prolly off Raising Timber after taking a bad spill in the second leg (Race 7 on Souma) where he went over the rail....hoping he's ok.
OK, gotta keep an eye on those ribs...wish me luck on that final leg.....
Sunday, February 7, 2010