RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Favorite Holiday

Today is my favorite holiday of the year, International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's only fitting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in town to face the Bills this weekend. If only if Arrrrr was running at Belmont, we'd have the trifecta.

My top five pirate jokes:

Q: What is a pirate's favorite national monument?
A: The Gateway ARRRrrrch
Q: Why couldn't the pirate get into the movie?
A: Because it was Arrrrr rated.

Q: Why did the pirate buy a couch for his ship?
A: So he could be at his leisAAARRRRR

Q: What is a pirate's favorite planet?
A: Marrrrrs

And finally.......
A man walks into a bar and orders a drink. While he is waiting for it he spots a pirate sitting in the corner of the bar. The pirate has two wooden arms and two wooden legs. Naturally curious, the man gets his drink, walks over to the pirate and asks, "Excuse me sir, I hope you don't mind but I couldn't help noticing that you have two wooden arms and two wooden legs. You must have been involved in some fierce sea battles?" The pirate looked up, paused and said, "Arrrr no... me father was a tree!"

One of my favorite twitter follows is Somali_Pirate, a good natured pirate with a sense of humor.

Have a great day, matey.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure you understand how fantastic this post is.

True story: A grad school friend of mine went to a Halloween party dressed as a pirate. I asked her if she went alone and she said no (referring to our friends), "the whole crew was there."

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online