RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Field Trip

After a few more days of racing detox, we're taking a little field trip today up to the Fort. I hear we have an eclectic group heading to the Turfside Lounge on the 3rd floor for a little lunch and to get our racing-jones on. The 1:45pm post time at Fort Erie makes it perfect to get in a half day of work and over the bridge for lunch with eight races on the card today. We're going to ignore the high takeout and the inconvenience of betting Canadian dollars and still find some way to having some fun, with a forecast in the low 80's and no humidity. Full report tomorrow.

Our filly, Higher Authority, debuted yesterday in a tough spot at Delaware Park, finishing last by a nose. All in all, a good learning experience and Frank at That's Amore keeps us more than informed on her progress, which is great. As a first foray into a racing partnership, I've enjoyed the reports getting her ready to race and look forward to meeting her this summer as she progresses along and moves forward in her career.

Since I didn't jinx myself last weekend when I mentioned my Survival at the Shore status, I'll uneasily state that both Space Gal and I have our life preservers and are both very much alive after 16 days of competition. I'm in 376th ($308.50) and she's in 963rd ($254.00), as we join 1,493 of the original 4,226 entrants. We've both picked 15 winners (almost 1/day, leader has 25). Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online