RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, June 26, 2009

Easy as 1-2-3

a buh-buh buh buh-buh.

You start feeling old when those you followed as a child die at such an early age. I like to remember him more as the cartoon character I watched as a young boy and the megastar we danced to while clubbin' during our high school and early college days, rather than the freak show he became. It's ironic, he pretty much started and finished his life as a cartoon character. I sure loved his music though. Back to the matter at hand....racing.

I only wish the horse racing game was easy as 1-2-3. I'm in a bit of a slump since the Belmont and trying to avoid falling into bad habits and staying with my handicap. We all go through it, just wish it would end soon...haha. Ironically as I type this I sit alive through 3 legs of the guaranteed $100K Pick 4 at Churchill tonight (fingers crossed) and am alive in the Monmouth Survival at the Shore contest with my life preserver and sitting in 123rd place (go figure).

La Chica Rica returns tomorrow night at Charles Town after a bit of a layoff. She was entered into two turf races hoping they would go off the turf but to no avail. She will go 4 1/2 furlongs in Race 7 for Western New York's Bella Cavello Stables in a $36K allowance. The main competition looks to be Coronado's Strike and Hesogoodwithmoney. Interestingly, Chica's normal rider Deshawn Parker is aboard CS for the race. Not sure what to make of that. The real hunch play on the race is Bettin on MJ for obvious reasons!

Speaking of Charles Town, I watched Big Drama's huge win last Saturday night in the Red Legend Stakes and if you read this blog, you'll know I've been a big fan of Drama's since his Jackpot win in January at Delta Downs. He had a horrible trip, but still finished strong in the Preakness, but it looks like he could be a force in shorter races. I think the King's Bishop would be a great spot for him to point to next (and would love to see him on Travers Day). Should he go that route, then the BC Dirt Mile or Sprint would make sense to complete his campaign.

OK...time to watch that final leg...go An Heir of Magic. [Update: Heir got hooked in a speed duel and faded in stretch...the slump continues...ugh]

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online