RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Friday, January 23, 2009

Did You Know...

- 15 years ago today in 1994, rider Pat Day became the 10th jockey to win 6,000 races? It happened at Oaklawn Park on board Miss Popsnorkle in the first race.

- 35 years ago tomorrow in 1974 (a good year indeed), jockey Chris McCarron rode his first race at Bowie Race Track? He was aboard Most Active, who was not so active that day, finishing last. Interesting that the new Jockeys show on Animal Planet will be rolling out early next month.

- that according to The Samaritans, January is the month where most people suffer the most depression? Here are some of their tips to avoid the January blues:

1 - Don't give yourself a hard time. (Good advice I tend to expect perfection)
2 - Spot the signs of trouble. (Don't chase a losing day on the last race)
3 - Look after yourself. (Squash once a week, Hoops twice a week, no fries or wings since October, check)
4 - It's good to talk. (Just not to yourself)
5 - Ask for help. (Speechless.....Bueller?)



courtesy: dctrcurrty

Off to handicap the Sunshine Million races which are this week's DRF races for the Winter of our Discontent contest. I'm dropping faster than a prom dress and need to pick it up this weekend....

6 Comments:

Valerie Grash said...

So, how'd you do? I couldn't find any PP's for the Dash, so skipped it, but hit the two chalk plays--Soldier's Dancer and Georgie Boy. Unfortunately, missed with Dry Martini. I don't think I moved forward much overall :(

Gene Kershner said...

Not so good. I had Dry Martini also and In Summation and took flyers on the other two races to try and get back in it...oh well..email me when you don't have the PP's...I obtained them from BRIS and played a $2WP on Dry Martini..haha.

M.H. Adolphson, Jr. said...

How impressive was Georgie Boy? He ran the race that I thought he'd run in the Malibu. Love that horse. I have to say, I was worried that the injury had ruined him, but I am glad to see my fears came to no avail.

Unknown said...

Prom dress never dropped for me. My date's didn't drop either.

The fight over the drums, the sleepwalking scenes...

Gene Kershner said...

@MHA...G-Boy is really turning out nicely...I took him a little too lightly

@E...i should have used "dropped like 3rd period French"

The Prestige Worldwide video was the bomb...

teeshirtsoup said...

I didn't know any of those things

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online