RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gimme Five!

La Chica Rica ($5.80) won her fifth in a row last night at Charles Town for Western New York-based Bella Cavello Stables! With TL Dunkelberger up, the star mare made her move at the sixteenth pole where she took over from top of the stretch leader Casanova Killer and held off Story of a Lion at the finish winning by 1 1/2 lengths in $100K Charles Town Distant Sprint Stakes. She was featured in Saturday's print version of the DRF and that story can also be found here. The win takes her lifetime earnings to over $429K. Terrific.

Had a wonderful day at the Spa yesterday, where the weather was absolutely beautiful. It was nice meeting fellow CPA and TBA'er Alan H. from The Bug Boys after the second race, who was pretty excited about the Brett Favre signing and his pending debut. It was an icy day at the windows only hitting the exacta cold in the fourth (Fiona Freud/Sweet Bama Breeze) paying $79.60, otherwise it was a pretty ho-hum day betting-wise. I gave the Puma the #1 (Miss Delicious) in the tenth race when he asked me my one pick of the day with value, citing the crazy meet that George Weaver is having, giving him the exacta. He sends Solvent out today in the 8th at 8-1 on the morning line. Was sniffing it all day, today we're looking for the rebound.

We spent this morning (Sunday) at the Oklahoma training track watching some gate schooling, walked past Mike Luzzi and overheard him joking about his winning ride yesterday on Arrrrr in the 6th saying..."and i just broke his maiden two weeks ago!" It was cool seeing Nick Zito, Todd Pletcher and several jocks (Garcia, Luzzi and Dominguez) tooling around. Full report on Monday with some nice pics from inside the paddock for the Alabama, which had a terrific finish.

2 Comments:

Alan H. said...

Great meeting you and Space Gal in person, Geno. And thanks for your friend's suggestions on where to go after the races. We had a great night on the town. On the way back to Long Island tonight, I was daydreaming and missed my exit on the Cross Island Parkway. When I regained awareness, I was passing by the Belmont Park exit. I think it was a subliminal mistake. I was tempted to head down to Aqueduct and make it a NYRA trifecta, but I couldn't cash on a tri all weekend, so it wasn't going to start now. I hope to see you at the Spa next year.

Anonymous said...

"you 'gave' me the #1 in the tenth"?? I "asked you for your pick of the day"?? Nice spin!

I'm a weaver fan; you remember he trains MML's which you were "given" on our nation's birthday and failed to pounce on.

Love,
the Puma

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online