One of my handicapping pals, JB, gave me an idea for a post yesterday and I am granting him all credit for this idea, which I have only expanded upon slightly. Let's have a little informal contest forecasting some of the results of the upcoming Toga meet in a couple of different areas. I'll be bold enough to throw mine out there (1 pt per correct answer), winner gets bragging rights (what more is there?). 12 total pts available plus a tie-breaker. Post your picks in my comments section or email them to me and I will maintain a spreadsheet and we'll see who does the best by the end of the meet. Must post in this post's comment section before next Wednesday's meet starts at 1pm EST.
1) Leading trainer for the meet (based on wins): Pletcher
2) Number of leading trainer wins during the meet: 25
3) Leading jockey for the meet (based on wins): Prado
4) Number of leading jockey wins during the meet: 42
5) Jim Dandy winner: Da'Tara
8) Alabama winner: Proud Spell
9) Sword Dancer winner: Daytona
10) Travers winner: Harlem Rocker
11) King's Bishop winner: J be K
12) Travers Day attendance: 34,500
Tiebreaker (bonus) Jockey earnings leader: Coa
Final standings will be tabulated Labor Day eve.
Here's something to get you all fired up for the meet (this scene is R rated for those who shouldn't be watching and you know who you are)!
Credit to classyfilms (youtube)