RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Monday, June 9, 2008

Thump Thump

Well that didn't take very long. All he had to do is read the various blogs to see how he could turn the media's attention away from himself. Richard Dutrow, Big Brown's trainer, threw his boy Kent Desormeaux under the bus today. As reported in the DRF:

"It happened in the wrong race," Dutrow said. "It was a huge race, biggest race I've ever been in. I feel like a loser right now and I don't know why. Usually when I get beat I can handle it the right way, and I've handled this the right way, but I just feel like something's not right. I know it's not the combination that our stable has with the horse, me, [exercise rider] Michelle [Nevin], the groom. I know he went into this race unbelievable, so the rest Kent's got to answer."

Dutrow's plan was to get him to the front (similar to what Secretariat did in the '73 Belmont from the #1 post) so not to get boxed in. But Da'Tara fired harder and Big Brown was quickly boxed in by Tale of Ekati and Anak Nakal (see picture in post below...it was right in front of us!). Dutrow goes on to say, "Getting the horse from the gate to the first turn like that is not the way to play the game," Dutrow said. "A lot of people say that it really confuses the horse. I'm sure he didn't have [any] idea what the hell was going on going into the first turn the way [Desormeaux] was switching him all over the damn track. I don't know what he was doing. Did he tell you what he was doing?"

I received a good number of emails today from bettors who wheeled him in both the 2 and 3 hole and were cursing KD for pulling him up. Desormeaux's reaction: "For every superfecta player, for every show-bet player, they need to rest assured that the horse quit a quarter of a mile before I did." I think I read somewhere yesterday that the reason he pulled him up was because he was out of the money (5th place) because something was wrong.

Typical Dutrow though, even if the blame was warranted....

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online