RSS Feed for this Blog
RSS Feed for all TBA Posts

Monday, May 5, 2008

NTRA Issues Memo on Equine Injuries and Fatalies

The NTRA issued a memo yesterday on the fact points on equine injuries and fatalities. Thanks to the Saratoga Resident who forwarded it to me this morning. They should be commended for the speed of the release given the enormous amount of negative media press being spawned on the racing industry. Many commenters at the Rail blogsite and other sites are basically lambasting the industry and horse racing in general, with no intelligent knowledge to back up their statements.

While I didn't have the heart to report my gambling exploits on the Derby yesterday, it was basically a break-even operation for me. I had the $2 exacta on my main exacta play and the Oaks/Derby Double, those two winning tickets netting me a whopping $4 on the day's activities. I have not watched the entire race on replay yet or read or studied the entire chart, but I did not have Denis of Cork in my tris, which killed all of those tickets. Dick Powell was touting Cork after Mike Welsch's (DRF) clocker reports late in the week. Oh well, on to the Preakness.

It will be interesting to see if what new challengers will emerge to face the monster we now know is Big Brown. Will it be Harlem Rocker (with a 103 Beyer in the Withers), Ichabad Crane (winner of the Federico Tesio Stakes at Pimlico) or Behindatthebar (Lexington Stakes winner)? Will any of the Derby finishers run back in two weeks? My guess is BB will be bet down to around 1-5, if not 1-10, based on Saturday's performance, so trying to beat him with a value play will be the quest. It's wait and see time now...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online